Recently announced was the Limited Edition of Halo 4 which is coming out in November of 2012. It has a pretty sleek steel case and has plenty of goodies for this to be worth the price tag coming in at $99.99.
- War Games Map Pack Access (Digital) — You will receive 3 competitive map packs with 3 different locations in each one (so total of 9 new maps) which will all be available via XBL after the launch.
- Specializations (Digital) — You will have access to 6 specializations early on launch (while non LE owners have to wait). Each can be used separately to achieve higher ranks for your Spartan. Also while gaining new ranks, you also get new customization options with specializations as well.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet (Physical) — This includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, detailed information about the UNSC weapons, an introduction to the UNSC Infinity, and the insight of what it means to be a Spartan IV (this provides some some details on why the Spartans are actually aboard the UNSC Infinity).
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition (Digital) — This will be a special 90 minute extended edition of the live-action digital series made by Microsoft and published through Machinima. Also coming with this will be exclusive behind the scenes and the making of the webseries as well.
- Other Game Content (Digital) — This is a list of in game content given: unique Spartan IV armor skin, unique Assault Rifle weapon skin, exclusive emblem, a XBLA avatar prop, and a XBLA avatar Spartan IV set.
The War Games as mentioned earlier is actually what they call their competitive modes on Multiplayer and have not been clearly defined yet. In addition to the War Games, a new story driven multiplayer experience dubbed “Spartan Ops” will be available with new missions to play solo or co-op up to 4 players at no extra charge and released with new weekly episodes.