With much controversy and dislike for Microsoft’s strict policies on gaming, Microsoft decided to change up their approach on the Xbox One. However, everything comes at a cost… this policy might have reversed some features, but it also straight up took away some features.
Here’s the info on some of the changes:
- No required internet connection. No 24-hour check in required. (So you CAN play games offline)
- Initial internet connection required to establish system setup.
- No limitations on used games. (Works same as Xbox 360)
- You can download Xbox One titles day one on XBL and even play those titles offline once downloaded.
- No region restrictions.
- You can take your game to a friend’s house and play.
- You cannot share your digital content anymore or resell it like they initially intended.
- You MUST have the disc in your disc tray to play your games. (Took away the ability to play without disc)
I’m sure this will also impact the level of creativity that Xbox One games will have with the cloud services. Your Forza driveatar may not be as awesome as intended along with other games’ features may be impacted as well. So is it worth it? We’ll now be getting the same experience as the Xbox 360, but with TV integration and some cloud features. The full press release is available for you to read.